Wedding

Wedding

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lemons

It's lemon season here in Arizona, and anyone who really knows me knows that I love lemons and limes. So, thanks to a fantastic neighbor here, we have had an abundance of lemons. On Thursday, Brooke, a sister in our ward that I visit teach, invited us to her parent's house to pick lemons, oranges, and grapefruit. She told us to get as much as we wanted. It was heaven on earth! They had so many lemons!



Ana Elisa helped pick the lemons and the oranges. She loves helping out and felt like a big girl out there picking fruit with mommy.



She did make sure to get some play time in while we were there.



And to eat an orange...



She spent a good amount of time playing near the fence that surrounds the swimming pool. They had the sprinklers on in there and she thought it was funny to wait for the water to come around and splash her. (It was 81 degrees that day, so I didn't worry too much about her getting a little wet). I wish I'd had my camera out the first time that water hit her, the face she made as she turned around and ran was priceless!


The past few nights we've made lemonade from the lemons we picked. Ana Elisa has become a pro at making it. Last night I said to Emerson, "Look, daddy, Ana Elisa is helping mommy make lemonade." Emerson laughed and said, "It looks more like mommy is helping Ana Elisa make lemonade!"



She was so proud of her lemonade! She drank a lot, and kept telling us to drink more. I have to say, it was really delicious! We have ourselves a chef in the making here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment