Wedding

Wedding

Friday, April 24, 2009

Weekend in Las Vegas

Last weekend we went to Las Vegas to meet with the Brazilian Consulate. Ana Elisa got her Brazilian passport and citizenship. The best part of the trip, though, was that grandma and grandpa met us there. Dad just happened to have a business convention to go to in Vegas that same weekend, so it worked out great. It was so good to spend time with them, and Ana Elisa was so excited to see her grandparents. I always show her pictures of them, so she recognized them right away. She calls both of them "gampa", it was so fun to see her with them. We spent a lot of our free time swimming at the hotel pool. Here are some pictures that we took at the pool.










We came home and had a pretty normal week until today. I decided to take Ana Elisa out for a walk to try to get her to fall asleep. I walked about 10 feet from the house when I realized I'd forgotten the house key and that I'd locked the door as I walked out. So, it was 2pm and we had about 4 hours to kill before Emerson would come home from work. So, I had two options, spend the rest of the afternoon in the back yard or try to find someone who would take us in. Luckily, I called some friends just as they were about to walk out the door and they said we could go over to their house. It was about 90 degrees outside, so it was nice not to have to sit out there for so long. Ana Elisa never took a nap, so by the time we got home (after going to the park for a bit), Ana Elisa was wiped out. We gave her a popsicle to cool her down and she fell asleep eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment