Wedding

Wedding

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Growing up, we always went to my grandma's house for Easter. She was big on holidays and always put a lot of time and effort into making each one memorable. I was sad when we moved because I didn't want to miss those holiday get togethers at grandma's house. I was sad that Ana Elisa wouldn't be able to go to the parties at her house and that she wouldn't get to make those memories that I always cherished. Now that grandma has passed away, I have thought about it more and more. Lizsett told me something very true the other day. She said that Ana Elisa can have her own wonderful memories, and they don't have to be the same as mine were. It's up to us to make her childhood memories sweet and enjoyable.

I thought about that as we prepared for Easter. We had a wonderful weekend, different than the ones I always cherished from the past, but wonderful because we are making our own new memories.

Emerson had Friday off, which was so nice. We got to spend three full days together. On Saturday, our ward had an Easter egg hunt. I was really excited to take Ana Elisa because this is the first year that she can participate in the fun. I couldn't believe it when we woke up, it was raining! It's been two months since it rained, and of course it chose to rain on the day of the ward party. We went anyway and braved the rain.



There were so many eggs! I wouldn't be surprised if there were around
1,000 candy filled eggs out there!



Emerson took Ana Elisa out to get the eggs while I wimped out and stood under the canopy to take pictures :) Here they are getting ready to charge...



Ana Elisa had a blast running around picking up eggs off the ground. The rain didn't seem to bother her at all.





Later that evening, we went over to some friends house for a little Easter party. They had another little hunt for the kids. Ana Elisa's favorite part of that evening was the little puppy that they had there! Here she is trying to feed the puppy through the glass door!



Today, Easter Sunday, we tried to dedicate to thinking about our Savior. This morning we had an Italian Colomba for breakfast (the Colomba is very traditional in Italy, when I saw it at the store, it brought back so many great memories from my mission, that I bought it so that I could share a little part of my wonderful Easter memories with my family).



After church, we had some friends over for dinner and watched the movie "Finding Faith in Christ". It was a great Easter filled with wonderful NEW memories.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I really wish we could have gone to that. We missed it last year too. Hopefully next year. I can't believe how many eggs there were! I guess it was needed though with all the kids we have in our ward :o). I'm glad you guys had a good Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete