Wedding

Wedding

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mom, we love you!!

My mom (Martha) has been in the hospital since all week. She suffered a massive aneurysm (the nurse explained that it was a type of stroke) on Monday morning. She is in the Neuro-Critical Care Center at the IMC and will be there for quite some time. We don't know how extensive the brain damage is yet since she was just taken off of sedation yesterday and it will take some time to be able to gage her cognitive state, etc.

We had a good day today as the doctor asked me to talk to her to see if she recognized my voice. When I started talking to her, she opened her eyes. I thought my heart would burst with joy as it was the first time we'd had any type of reaction from her all week. I explained to her that she is in the hospital and that we are all there for her and that we love her. She then closed her eyes and a tear ran down her cheek. I thank our Heavely Father for that small moment we shared together today. It was a bright spot to a very tough week. The doctors did remind us, however, that she is very, very sick and that we will have good days followed by bad days. They said she is still in the danger zone and each day they are in a fight to save her life.

I am here in SLC to be with my mom while Emerson and Ana Elisa are still back in AZ. I want to thank all of those wonderful people who have and are sending so much love and support during this extremely difficult time. The Lord has truely blessed us with angels for friends. We could not get through this without you all. Thank you with all of my heart.

Thank you also for your prayers for my mom. They are felt and very appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I am so sorry! Hope your mom has a fast recovery. Thoughts and prayers your way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'm so sorry! She is such a sweet lady. We will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete